Other categories available:
Have you got a plant with a problem and don't know how to fix it? This unrivalled practical reference is all you need to nurse it back to health.
Drawing on the expertise and authority of the RHS, RHS Pests and Diseases has been carefully conceived to help you make a correct diagnosis and find the most effective cure. This brand new edition includes helpful new entries detailing how to cope with the latest prevalent problems, and how to adhere to current best practice and new legislation on chemical control. Look up possible ailments in the plant-by-plant listings; make a visual identification from the extensive gallery of symptoms; then follow detailed advice in the A-Z directory to remedy the issue. With a focus on growing for food and an emphasis on organic solutions, RHS Pests and Diseases will help your garden stay productive, attractive, and in the best of health.
Make the most of your greenhouse space! This comprehensive guide offers a fresh look at how gardeners can make best use of their greenhouses. It shows the reader how to grow ornamentals, edibles and fruit as well as how to propagate plants and even try basic hydroponics. The book includes chapters on the greenhouse environment, maintenance and how to control pests. Roger Marshall also looks at ways that homeowners can actually make a profit from their greenhouses.
The ideal gift for gardeners - discover more than 15,000 beautiful plants and learn how to successfully grow each one with this definitive planting guide now in its fully updated 4th edition. The RHS A-Z Encyclopedia of Garden Plants has been compiled by an unrivalled team of over 70 plant experts led by Chris Brickell, the former Director General of the Royal Horticultural Society and a globally renowned plantsman. This latest edition of the world's most comprehensive garden plant encyclopedia has undergone the greatest update since its first publication, with more than 5,000 new entries added and 6,000 superb images featuring fresh new photography. Whether you're looking for inspiration for an unusual new flowering plant to grow, want to identify an amazing orchid you've seen, or need to find out how to keep alive the cactus you've been gifted - the A-Z is bound to have the answer.
"Greenhouse Gardening : A Beginners Guide To Growing Fruit & Vegetables All Year Round" is for anyone who wants to know how to get the most out of their greenhouse. Whether you want to extend your growing season, grow unusual plants or protect your valued plants from the frost a greenhouse is an essential tool for any gardener. Greenhouses are so useful but many people don't make the most of their greenhouse and it soon either gets filled with clutter or turns into a jungle of uncontrolled plants. This book provides you with a complete guide to growing any type of plant in a greenhouse and how to make the most of it. With the information in this book you will be able to avoid the many pitfalls and issues people encounter when buying, building and using their greenhouse. As you read this book you will learn everything you need to know about owning a greenhouse from choosing the best type of greenhouse to building the foundation and even buying used greenhouses. You will learn how a greenhouse can extend your growing season and let you grow plants that you would otherwise be unable to grow. In "Greenhouse Gardening : A Beginners Guide To Growing Fruit & Vegetables All Year Round" you will learn:
- How to buy a greenhouse whether new or used
- Choosign the best glass, floor, construction and foundation to ensure your greenhouse has a long life
- The difference between a greenhouse and a poly tunnel
- How to build a solid foundation for your greenhouse
- Why air-flow and cooling is so important and how to prevent humidity damaging your plants
- The best way to heat your greenhouse and the differences between the different heating systems
- How to irrigate your greenhouse to automatically water your plants and protect them from heat damage
- The difference between growing in the ground versus growing in containers
- To secure your greenhouse against the wind and protect it from damage
- How to start seedlings successfully in your greenhouse
- Growing tomatoes, chillies, peppers, citrus plants, squashes, cucumbers, grapes, tropical plants and more in your greenhouse
- Preparing your greenhouse for spring time
- Overwintering your greenhouse and extending your growing season
- Avoiding the potential problems associated with owning a greenhouse
- The potential diseases and pests you will encounter in your greenhouse
- How to ensure your plants are pollinated in your greenhouse
- Growing year round in your greenhouse
- The best way to clean your greenhouse to avoid potential problems
Other categories available: